At AMP Bank we work hard to continue to better serve our customers. We embrace flexible working and the positive impact it has for our people. All roles at AMP can be done flexibly so speak to us about what works for you.
About the role
Responsible for managing the collection of arrears from clients who are unable to meet the contractual repayments on their AMP Bank Loan.
- Communicate with clients who are in arrears on their loans through making and receiving telephone calls, SMS and emails.
- Negotiate and agree on repayment arrangement plans with clients or their representative to bring their account up to date.
- Discuss complex and sensitive matters with clients or their representative regarding the clients’ accounts (including reasons for arrears) over the telephone.
- Liaise with various internal teams to identify, refer to and/or put in place financial assistance options to help the client meet their contractual obligations e.g. product switches, financial hardship assistance.
- Identify, recommend and manage legal enforcement action to protect the Banks’ security and recover the unpaid debt.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of client interactions, reasons for arrears, outcomes of discussions and repayment arrangements.
- Manage a portfolio of accounts and meet productivity, arrears and loan losses Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and targets.
- Identify and recommend process improvement suggestions.
- Identify and refer to management any areas of concern that may impact the client experience and expose the Bank to potential losses or instances of non-compliance with regulatory guidelines or community expectations.
- Assist with investigating and resolving client complaints & disputes.
- Comply with all regulatory requirements (e.g. Privacy Act, ACCC/ASIC Debt Collections Guidelines) and adhere to Bank policies and procedures in performing all aspects of the role.
- Participate in projects and other system/process improvement initiatives as required.
- Support other team members to ensure team objectives are achieved.
- Provide reporting and arrears data as required.
Capabilities & Experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in a high-volume retail consumer collections or debt recovery role.
- Collections experience with consumer home loans or within the financial services industry is highly preferable.
- Working knowledge of the consumer legal and regulatory environment is highly regarded and preferred e.g. NCCC, Privacy Act, ASIC/ACCC Debt Collection guidelines.
Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.