Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
About the role
The Data Platforms team is responsible for implementation of data integration & maintain cloud data infrastructure. The team is also responsible for the data governance, applying patches, standardizing the delivery process and performing the value-add services such as automation, providing best practices, defining on-boarding process. Etc.
- Support existing real-time and batch data ingestion pipeline;
- Analyze the data sources and perform data exploration;
- Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels;
- Proposes ideas of improvement of the applications, procedures and technologies used;
- Ensures reporting to manager and communicates and escalades warnings;
- Support the good working of developed applications in all environments through interaction with Ops teams and/or set up of continuous integration and deployment tools;
- Identifies and troubleshoots system deficiencies and recommends solutions;
- Increases applications operating efficiency on a regular basis;
- Creates technical documentation, is quality driven in term of deliverables;
- Suggests system improvements and offers alternative solutions to the different problems that may appear;
Capabilities & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related field
- Good Knowledge and experience of Linux and scripting
- Good Knowledge and experience of Cron, Airflow, AWS Service
- Reasonable understanding of programming
- Git or TFS source control usage
- Knowledge or interest on Scala is an asset
- Knowledge or interest on Big data technologies (HDFS, Hive, Impala, Kafka, Spark, Nifi etc.) is an asset
- Knowledge or interest on Cloud/Container technologies is an asset (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible)
- Understanding of web services & APIs (REST, SOAP)
- Availability to join rotation on-call support when necessary
- Fluent in English
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.