Life Claims Manager – AMP Life
AMP Life is Australia and New Zealand’s largest life insurer, with assets of over $31bn and over 2.4 million customers. AMP Life is transitioning its business model to be an in-force specialist life insurer, with a focus on providing existing customers in Australia and New Zealand with risk insurances (income protection, disability and life), traditional life insurances and mature life insurance investments.
We are a customer centric and deeply human organisation and we work to help our customers realise their best life. We focus on the customer experience, retention, investment outcomes, and running an efficient business model to drive customer advocacy and profitable performance outcomes. In 2020, it is planned that AMP Life will be sold by AMP to Resolution Life, a global in-force life insurance specialist.
About the role
The focus of this role is to manage and improve the resolution of claims within agreed authority structures, in accordance to client service standards, claims management and process requirements.
Capabilities and Experience
- Knowledge of Life Insurance risk products is desirable
- Demonstrated understanding of Insurance principles
- Knowledge of relevant legislation ie: Privacy Act, Insurance Contracts Act is required
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of claims management principles, standards and practices
- Experience in a Medical/ Rehabilitation/ Financial/ Legal/ Investigation or Insurance environment required
- Ability to take a tough stance on claims denial and other issues
- Capability to deliver good and bad news with empathy
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude and flexible approach to all aspects of the role
- Life Insurance claims experience
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP Life recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP Life.