Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
About the role
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) function is the technical, operational, and project delivery hub of AMP, partnering with AMP business units to design, deliver and manage innovative technology and operational solutions that meet the current and future needs of customers. Our vision is to be recognised as AMP's technology innovators and integrators, applying world-class best practice standards and processes within AMP’s operations.
The Strategic Sourcing Group (SSG) sits within the COO function and undertakes sourcing and vendor management on behalf of the entire enterprise. SSG is a well-established, industry leading commercial management and procurement function within AMP focused on enabling optimal business outcomes through innovation and effective partnerships.
This Senior Commercial Manager (Category Manager) role sits within the Outsourcing team of SSG and is part of a team responsible for commercial advice, sourcing and vendor management for a wide range of technology categories across AMP, including Infrastructure, Platforms, Telecommunications, Unified Communications, End User Services, Network, Application Management Outsourcing and Business Process Outsourcing. This opportunity is available on a twelve month fixed term contract basis.
• Develop, implement and manage Unified Communications/Collaboration and Network strategies and processes to ensure AMP’s relationships with key partners and vendors deliver competitive solutions, which enable AMP to meet its business objectives
• Identify and drive total cost of ownership and demand management initiatives to deliver annualised savings to specific targets set annually to align with business needs
• Understand current trends / movements in vendor and partner management, and evaluate these movements and direct the incorporation of beneficial practice into AMP vendor relationships and sourcing practices
• Assist in the provision of commercial advice / direction, risk analysis and assistance with dispute resolution to internal stakeholders in relation to vendor and contract management
• Develop team members to improve skills and performance to achieve outcomes and grow our organisational capability
Capabilities & Experience
• Demonstrated experience in the management of vendors with proven ability to assess the capability of suppliers and commercial proposals
• The ability to effectively represent AMP and successfully deal with sensitive commercial negotiations, developing, interpreting and managing complex high value contracts and technology relationships
• Sound knowledge of contract law for contract interpretation and drafting purposes
• Demonstrated analytical skills to enable the management of the cost budget and allocation for the categories of spend which you are responsible for
• Indirect sourcing experience across a range of technology categories and responsibilities and specific recent market experience across Unified Communications/Collaboration and Network Services
• Strong relationship management skills across external partners, internal stakeholders, and the successful applicant will bring a team orientated and agile approach.
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.