Senior Legal Counsel, Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate Advisory
- Everyone’s contribution is valued
- We support our people, so they can make a real difference
- We value Diversity
Legal and Governance (L&G) forms part of the Group functions within AMP. The L&G team provides a comprehensive range of support services to all AMP business lines.
The Group Legal – Corporate & Governance team is responsible for providing legal services to various areas of the AMP Group (People & Culture, Finance, Treasury, M&A, Strategic Sourcing) as well as providing corporate governance services to the boards of the AMP Group entities.
Purpose of the Role
You will join a highly experienced, motivated and diverse team where everyone’s contribution is valued and where your focus will be in the provision of legal services to the AMP to our Group Legal, Corporate & Governance.
More specially you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Providing senior legal support on corporate transactions, M&A activity, corporate advisory and corporate governance.
- Supporting the Head of Legal, Corporate and senior management with key project work, corporate and M&A activity
- Leading legal project roles on mergers, acquisitions and divestments, joint ventures and equity capital market transactions.
- Providing commercially appropriate legal advice to the business on the Corporations Act, ASIC regulatory policy, the ASX Listing Rules, directors’ duties, financial assistance and corporate actions.
- Advising on employee share plans and various corporate governance projects.
With your well-developed legal skills either in-house or large/medium law firms, what we also look for in you is:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications - A current Practising Certificate.
- Ideally at least 10 years’ post admission experience relating to M&A and Corporate Advisory
- Solid experience in corporate advisory, mergers & acquisitions and divestments, ECM, corporate governance, joint ventures alliance and partnerships.
- Sound knowledge of the Corporations Act, ASX Listing Rules, APRA Prudential requirements.
- Experience in building and maintaining effective relationships with key business stakeholders, internal legal team and external panel law firms.
- Experience in advising and working collaboratively with business teams to deliver time and business critical projects.
To be successful in this role you are a proactive, self-starter who demonstrates high initiative, and an entrepreneurial mindset (willingness to roll up sleeves, pitch in and get things done). You have strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to deal confidently with stakeholders and manage competing interests and with strong business acumen. Your growth mindset, adaptability and flexibility will see you fit into our collaborative and caring team environment where you will have the opportunity to develop your career and expand on your knowledge.
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
If you require further information or would like to obtain a Job Description, please contact Milica Radomir on 02 92575036