Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally. As such, we are interested in hearing from applicants who are currently seeking part time opportunities. Please speak to us about how we can accommodate your own flexible employment arrangement.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
About the role
The AMP Australia Business Partnerships function will lead the transformation of the financial advice industry, maximise the value we generate through our existing relationships and make bold moves to ensure that AMP and its business partners have sustainable and successful businesses into the future.
The role is responsible for overseeing licensing requirements and governance to ensure licensees and responsible managers meet their operating and reporting obligations. The role requires an acceptance of flexibility to varying tasks such as
- Manage Responsible Manager framework for Advice Australian Financial Service Licences and Australian Credit Licences
- Board and committee meeting and reporting including insights and opportunities
- Engage with other regulatory or industry bodies such as Tax Practitioners Board; manage frameworks and reporting obligations
- Routinely review effectiveness of governance frameworks and take steps to enhance
- Building effective partnerships and working collaboratively
- Leading a small team to deliver success and sustainable outcomes
Capabilities & Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification, law or business degree
- 5 years legal, governance or business experience
- Company secretarial experience highly desirable
- Strong and current understanding of governance, reporting, regulatory and legislative issues
- Experience working with a diverse range of stakeholders to influence and achieve outcomes
- High level of business acumen
- Persuasive and adaptive negotiating and influencing skills
- Strong, proven analytical skills and the ability to think laterally and strategically
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.