Senior Legal Counsel AMP Bank
- Everyone’s contribution is valued
- We support our people, so they can make a real difference
- We value Diversity
Legal and Governance (L&G) forms part of the Group functions within AMP. The L&G team provides a comprehensive range of support services to all AMP business lines.
The Bank currently offers our customers residential mortgages, deposits, transactional banking, and SMSF products. It also lends to AMP financial advisers. The Bank distribution channels are through intermediaries (brokers & financial advisers) and direct to retail customers via telephone and internet banking.
While AMP Bank lacks the scale, breadth of operations and funding of larger banks, it doesn’t carry the cost of a branch network, can be more agile in its execution and can leverage investment from the wider AMP Group.
Purpose of the Role
We have an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Senior Legal Counsel with knowledge of financial services law with a focus on retail banking.
As the key part of the Legal team your expertise and dedication will enable AMP Bank in achieving its ambitious goals and continue to contribute to the strategic direction of the AMP Bank Strategy.
Main focus areas
- Providing commercially relevant legal advice to the Bank’s retail business, including assessing legal risks and providing options to enable the Bank to make informed choices.
- Contributing Legal expertise to enable resolution of disputes and AFCA complaints, including as appropriate, engagement with the AMP group litigation team.
- Assisting with regulatory communications and response to requests from regulators.
- Identifying and understanding the Bank and AMP group business strategies, priorities and goals to providing legal counsel from this perspective.
- Participate effectively in key business projects including identification and management of legal risks within projects.
- Proactively implementing preventative measures as part of first line of defence risk management across the Bank.
- Supporting Bank stakeholders (including Enterprise Risk Management) in connection with regulator visits, inquiries or other interactions.
What we look for in you is:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications including a current Practising Certificate
- Ideally at least 7 years post admission experience with sound understanding of financial services – focus on banking
- Commercial/business acumen
- Strong knowledge of banking law and the banking regulatory regime, including; Retail Banking; Consumer Credit, Loan products, Privacy, Anti-Money Laundering & Counter Terrorism Financing, Electronic Banking, Payment Systems and Facilities, Deposit Products, Credit Reporting and EDR Scheme Complains
To be successful in this role you will be an exceptional communicator “making the complex simple”, stakeholder manager, results focused, analytical problem solver and decision maker. Your excellent priority and time management skills will see you fit into our collaborative team environment where you will have the opportunity to develop your career and expand on your knowledge.
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
If you require further information, please contact Milica Radomir on 02 92575036. Happy to discuss flexible arrangements to meet your current requirements.