- Continue to develop your career in Governance and Company Secretariat
- Put your attention to detail, natural interest in technology and continuous improvement mindset to good use
- Convenient Circular Quay location
Supporting a Company Secretary and Senior Company Secretary you will deliver professional corporate secretarial and administrative support to the AMP Limited board and AMP Bank board. In partnership with the broader Group Legal – Corporate & Governance team you will help to manage the wider team’s workload (when required) and identify and manage projects focussed on continuous improvement.
In the role you will:
- Provide proactive, professional, accurate, timely and efficient corporate secretarial and administrative support to an allocated group of boards and legal entities
- Schedule and manage arrangements for board, board committee and other meetings
- Coordinate timely and accurate electronic distribution of board and board committee papers
- Maintain corporate registers and filing systems in accordance with legal requirements and team practices
- Prepare and lodge statutory forms with regulatory bodies and drafting shell meeting minutes
- Attend and take minutes for meetings.
Your skills and experience include:
- Experience working with boards or company secretariats (as a board assistant, board administrator or assistant company secretary) or as a legal secretary – preferably at an ASX listed company
- A curious mind, a natural interest in technology and proven continuous improvement mindset
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills, with the ability to plan and appropriately prioritise workload
- Strong attention to detail and ability to autonomously complete work, especially written work, to a high standard
- Exposure to an electronic board portal and Blueprint (or a similar electronic company secretarial database)
- Ability to build collaborative and effective working relationships including maintaining discretion and confidentiality
- Completion of the Governance Institute of Australia’s Certificate in Governance Practice (or willingness to undertake) would be well regarded.
About the team
Legal and Governance provides a comprehensive range of legal and governance-related services to all AMP business units and other Group Functions, through the various AMP Legal teams, Group Secretariat and Trustee Services, and the management of outside legal counsel.
The Group Legal – Corporate & Governance team is responsible for management of all governance, transactional and commercial legal activities for the Group.
Wellbeing and benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion and diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.