Actuarial Analyst Mature Valuation
Description of AMP Life
AMP Life is Australia and New Zealand’s largest life insurer, with assets of over $31bn and over 2.4 million customers. AMP Life is transitioning its business model to be an in-force specialist life insurer, with a focus on providing existing customers in Australia and New Zealand with risk insurances (income protection, disability and life), traditional life insurances and mature life insurance investments.
We are a customer centric and deeply human organisation and we work to help our customers realise their best life. We focus on the customer experience, retention, investment outcomes, and running an efficient business model to drive customer advocacy and profitable performance outcomes. In 2019, it is planned that AMP Life will be sold by AMP to Resolution Life, a global in-force life insurance
About the Team - Actuarial Valuation - Mature
The Mature Valuation Team supports the Mature business by undertaking regular financial reporting activities (statutory profit, management reporting, embedded value), planning and forecasting. Although Sydney based, the Mature valuation team performs work for both the Australia and New Zealand arms of AMP Life.
About the role
The purpose of the role is to deliver regular financial reporting for the Mature products and support ad-hoc business projects. As an Analyst you will gain exposure to the entire Mature product set and develop deeper skills and knowledge of more than one product.
More specifically your main responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Conduct the monthly valuation for a variety of financial reports including profit reporting, analysis of variances to plan, analysis of change by source, capital and embedded value reporting
- Provide meaningful analysis and commentary on financial results for inclusion in management, committee and Board reports
- Forecast and planning KPIs for the Mature products’ strategic planning process
- Assist in actuarial investigations such as experience investigations, expense analysis and allocation, and best estimate assumption setting.
- Support the maintenance and enhancement of current actuarial processes and models
- Strengthen the areas of risk management and internal controls within the actuarial function
With your continuous learning mindset and motivation what we look for in you is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in actuarial or related studies
- Working towards Actuarial Fellowship
- Ideally 2 years life insurance industry experience
- An understanding of business metrics, business acumen regarding the use of management information and performance measurement applications
- Team player with flexible approach as priorities change and deadlines shift
- Ability to communicate concisely in a clear and effective way, both verbal and written
- Excellent problem and decision-making skills, you'll also possess the ability and focus to work with complex models and deliver high quality outcomes.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP Life recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP Life.
If you would like to obtain further information or obtain a detailed Job Description please contact Milica Radomir on 02 9257 5036