Finance Manager - Corporate
Job no: 609125
Work type: Fixed term - full time
Categories: Accounting and Finance
AMP Capital is a specialist investment manager with offices in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, Hong Kong, India, London, Chicago, New York, California, Ireland and the Middle East. We are a leading global real estate and infrastructure manager and the combination of our scale, breadth and capability provides access to superior investment opportunities for our clients.
The Real Estate team is responsible for managing AMP Capital’s substantial property business. This includes the investment management of AMP capital’s various property portfolios; the day – to – day management of the office, industrial and shopping centre properties in which AMP Capital invests; and researching new property opportunities.
AMP Capital Shopping Centres (AMPCSC) sits within the Real Estate division of AMP Capital Investors, and provides asset, development, and property management expertise to the shopping centres owned and/ or managed by AMP Capital Investor’s various property funds and private clients. AMPCSC also asset manages AMP’s ownership in five externally managed Westfield shopping centres, protecting and driving asset performance on behalf of the AMP owners.
We are currently looking for an experienced Finance Manager – Corporate to support our Retail (shopping centres) division.
Reporting to the Head of Finance and Analysis – Shopping Centres and based at our head office in Circular Quay, you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide high quality support to the senior management in relation to the financial analysis and performance of each of the corporate cost centres and highlight/manage risk to performance;
- Develop a strong operating rhythm to ensure recoverable cost centres’ expenses and fee are tracked, reported and recovered on a timely basis in accordance with Property Management agreements;
- Maintain accurate and provide timely financial accounting information including control and review of the P&L and Balance sheet and preparation of monthly reporting packs/quarterly forecast packs with insights and commentary on key drivers;
- Maintain a strong working relationship with different stakeholders and pro‐actively engage with them on changes to the revenue/ cost base and identifying operational efficiencies;
- Manage risk to corporate performance by working with different divisions on pathways and identifying/realising key opportunities to deliver target Net Operating Income and Cost to Income ratio.
As an ideal candidate, you will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Retail (Shopping Centres) experience and or relevant real estate finance experience in other asset sectors
- 3+ years’ experience in financial accounting experience in Real Estate.
- Working knowledge of Financial statements and reporting
- Bachelor of commerce, finance and or accounting
- CA/CPA qualification preferred
- Strong attention to detail and ability to understand drivers of performance and communicate clearly and confidently to stakeholders and divisional heads
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Excel capability
- Experienced in use of accounting systems – JD Edwards, People Soft and ability to learn new systems quickly
- Ability to work across functional business teams to influence transformation strategies and drive implementation of business improvements.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend