Due to our AMP Life Actuarial team expansion we currently have several Actuarial positions available ranging from Analysts to Senior Actuaries
Description of AMP Life
AMP Life is Australia and New Zealand’s largest life insurer, with assets of over $31bn and over 2.4 million customers. AMP Life is transitioning its business model to be an in-force specialist life insurer, with a focus on providing existing customers in Australia and New Zealand with risk insurances (income protection, disability and life), traditional life insurances and mature life insurance investments.
We are a customer centric and deeply human organisation and we work to help our customers realise their best life. We focus on the customer experience, retention, investment outcomes, and running an efficient business model to drive customer advocacy and profitable performance outcomes. In 2019, it is planned that AMP Life will be sold by AMP to Resolution Life, a global in-force life insurance
About the Team – Projects Team
The Projects team is part of the broader Actuarial & Investments team (A&I). This team is responsible for the implementation of a wide range of actuarial projects and also serves as an internal consultant team, which assists with the boarder A&I team on ad-hoc projects as required.
About the role
The Actuary, Projects will support the Deputy Chief Actuary, Risk Management & Projects to proactively identify opportunities to improve reporting, business advice, capital management and risk management within AMP Life. You will also develop solutions and deliver the agreed Actuarial project outcomes for the broad range of projects undertaken by the team.
This role is expected to lead and assist with the delivery of the key projects and serves as an internal consultant who may be assigned to other teams within A&I, depending on priorities and resource needs.
More specifically your main responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Identify, develop and implement methodologies, strategies and systems/processes for monitoring performance and deliver business insights to drive profitability, shareholder value, return on capital and risk management.
- Involvement with ‘special projects’ on an ad hoc basis with delivery of requirements according to agreed budget and timetable.
- Manage, mentor and lead actuaries and analysts on a project-by-project basis.
- Lead and assist with the implementation of a wide range of actuarial projects that drives continuous improvements in A&I.
What we look for in you
- FIAA or equivalent qualification ideally at least 4+ years post qualification experience in a broad range of roles, including valuation and/or capital management.
- Solid understanding of actuarial principles, standards, processes and operations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to apply good commercial judgement particularly in the area of complex analysis and problem solving
- Strong technical skills and the ability to develop logical solutions to new problems.
- Understanding of the actuarial aspects of the Life Insurance Act 1995, APRA Prudential Standards and related regulations.
- Experience in managing pieces of work to required deadlines and reviewing deliverables.
- Excellent ability to develop and maintain relationship across all areas of the organisation
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP Life recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP Life.
For more information regarding the role or to obtain a Job Description please contact Milica Radomir on 02 9257 5036