Actuary Financial Risk Management
Due to our AMP Life Actuarial team expansion we currently have several Actuarial positions available ranging from Analysts to Senior Actuaries
Description of AMP Life
AMP Life is Australia and New Zealand’s largest life insurer, with assets of over $31bn and over 2.4 million customers. AMP Life is transitioning its business model to be an in-force specialist life insurer, with a focus on providing existing customers in Australia and New Zealand with risk insurances (income protection, disability and life), traditional life insurances and mature life insurance investments.
We are a customer centric and deeply human organisation and we work to help our customers realise their best life. We focus on the customer experience, retention, investment outcomes, and running an efficient business model to drive customer advocacy and profitable performance outcomes. In 2019, it is planned that AMP Life will be sold by AMP to Resolution Life, a global in-force life insurance
About the Team – Actuarial and Investments (A&I)
The reporting, business advice, capital management and risk management responsibilities of A&I are key to AMP Life driving profitability, shareholder value and return on capital.
About the role
In this role you will be supporting the strategic priorities of (A& I) and ensuring that the team delivers outstanding value to AMP Life by delivering high quality and timely ‘second line of assurance’ to support business risks and Appointed Actuary’s statutory obligations.
Utilising proactive information and insights you will be driving profitability, shareholder value and return on capital across AMP Life.
More specifically your main responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Assist the Deputy Chief Actuary, Financial Risk Management & Projects in providing timely and relevant actuarial, risk management and strategic advice to the Group Chief Actuary, the AMP Life Leadership Team and the Life Boards
- Develop methodologies and strategies for monitoring performance and delivering insights to the business
- Support development and implementation of an effective organisation-wide risk awareness and risk management culture
- Actively participate in addressing “whole of business” initiatives, identifying, managing and resolving financial risk issues
- Work effectively with Risk Management to optimise risk/reward outcomes within risk appetite
- Support reporting to ALICO, Audit Committee, Board and shareholders, including quarterly Risk Management Reports, and annual Financial Condition Reports
What we look for in you
- FIAA or equivalent qualification
- Ideally at least 4 years’ experience with knowledge and experience of Australian and/or New Zealand insurance and financial services market
- Knowledge of actuarial aspects of the Life Insurance Act 1995, APRA Prudential Standards and related regulations.
- Familiarity with asset-liability management techniques and practices
- Excellent ability to use Microsoft, Excel, Work and PowerPoint.
With your flexible approach you can manage competing priorities and tight time frames and proactively identify new initiatives and develop innovative approach to problem solving. You will be a clear and concise communicator, influence and relationship builder.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP Life recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP Life.
For more information regarding the role or to obtain a Job Description please contact Milica Radomir on 02 9257 5036