Analyst - Insurance Governance
Job no: 609114
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Categories: Business Planning and Analysis (Non IT), Insurance Specialisations
Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally. As such, we are interested in hearing from applicants who are currently seeking part time opportunities. Please speak to us about how we can accommodate your own flexible employment arrangement.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
About the role
The purpose of the role is
- To support the day to day governance and operational oversight and reporting of our insurance proposition.
- To ensure trustees are engaged on matters relating to the product design and regulatory change to ensure appropriate awareness of the impact of any changes in the context of member outcomes.
- Provide reporting and recommendations to the trustee on the ongoing performance of the insurance and defined benefits proposition within superannuation and investments for Wealth Products and Platforms.
Support the Senior Manager Insurance Governance and the Insurance Proposition team with the
- Day to day ongoing monitoring and reporting to the trustee board on the end to end operations of the insurance proposition within superannuation and investment products across AMP’s master trust and wrap platforms.
- Reporting and compliance oversight of the operational and insurer arrangements in place in accordance with the trustee regulatory obligations as outlined in the Insurance Management Framework.
- Understanding of the impact of any regulatory change or compliance related matters on the insurance portfolio, provide insight and reporting to support the writing of papers to the trustee which outline the area of focus and the relevant considerations and decisions that the trustee needs to make in the context of members’ best interests.
- Where relevant, supporting any insurance related compliance issues through to completion, working with the product management team as required.
- Operationalising and embedding of oversight and governance processes.
- Supporting the product management team with any insurance product related communications to internal and external stakeholders as required.
Capabilities & Experience
- 2+ years’ experience within insurance inside super product management or related field.
- Governance and operational risk management experience with an area of focus being insurance inside superannuation.
- Good understanding of the Insurance Management Framework and regulatory, compliance and competitive environment for AMP’s products.
- Excellent business writing and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and sound decision-making ability, including ability to use initiative, ask questions, seek answers, and build own understanding and others.
- Ability to develop, document and implement robust processes.
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend