- Two Positions: Senior Actuary/Actuary - Product & Pricing & Actuary - Investigations & Insights
- Locations: Wellington or Auckland
- Work Type: Permanent Full Time
We are looking for two exceptional individuals to join our high performing team.
Senior Actuary/Actuary - Product & Pricing
In this role you will play a pivotal role within the Product Team to support the development and effective delivery and implementation of strategic product initiatives to enable business performance together with good customer outcomes.
Actuary - Investigations & Insights
In this role you will be responsible for the monitoring of experience, including both regular experience investigations and providing more timely insights into experience on a monthly basis. You will also champion the effective and efficient use of data and data analytics within the team, and work with our Australian colleagues to share knowledge, insights and learnings.
In both roles you will fundamental in delivering business insights, backed by detailed financial analysis, and working with key stakeholders to apply the insights gained to the strategic objectives of the business. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in other projects/deliverables from time to time.
AMP Life is Australia and New Zealand largest life insurer, with assets over $31bn and over 2.4 million customers. AMP Life is transitioning its business model to be an in-force specialist life insurer, with a focus on providing existing customers in Australia and New Zealand with risk insurances (income protection, disability and life), traditional life insurances and mature life insurance investments.
We are customer centric and deeply human organization and we work to help our customers realize their best life. We focus on the customer experience, retention, investment outcomes, and running an efficient business model to drive customer advocacy and profitable performance outcomes.
To be successful in obtaining one of these roles you must:
- Be fully Qualified Actuary or able to use Actuary designation
- Have an excellent technical understanding of Life Insurance
- Have exceptional analytical abilities, while being confident communicating complex information in an easy to understand way
- Demonstrate proven ability to work proactively with a strong use of initiative and the ability to think strategically, while also considering the practical and commercial issues
- Have the social deftness to build customer relationships and communicate/influence across diverse stakeholder groups
- Have a desire to learn, improve systems and embrace change and be passionate about service provision and delivery
- Have a high level of business acumen and an excellent understand of core technical analysis tools
A lateral thinker and a fantastic problem solver, you'll be highly motivated and keen to build on your actuarial knowledge. AMP Life is an organization like few others. We enjoy a culture that recognizes individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers. We are open to exploring flexible working arrangements should this be important for you.
To inquire confidentially about either of these roles, or how your unique skills might fit with our team, please contact Catherine Johnston - ph 021 2464100 or email Catherine.Johnston@amplife.co.nz