AMP Life is Australia and New Zealand’s largest life insurer, with assets of over $31bn and over 2.4 million customers and is a specialist life insurer, with a focus on providing existing customers in Australia and New Zealand with risk insurances (income protection, disability and life), traditional life insurances and mature life insurance investments.
We are a customer centric and deeply human organisation and we work to help our customers realise their best life. We focus on the customer experience, retention, investment outcomes, and running an efficient business model to drive customer advocacy and profitable performance outcomes.
About the role
The Wellbeing Case Manager is responsible for a specialised portfolio within the Work to Outcome segment and is responsible for the holistic management of claims which have been triaged ‘Work to Outcome’ which infers that they will require skilled case management to manage sensitive situations where it is likely that the claimant will be on long term claim due to their situation.
The role involves analysing and assessing a wide spectrum of information to make evidence-based claims decisions and develop case strategies that support our customers in realizing their best life. With exceptional collaborative style the case manager will work with all relevant partners and stakeholder ensuring that the journey archives a positive claims outcome and experience
Main focus areas will be but not limited to:
- Review case information and understanding policy details, customer’s claim history, condition being claimed, and any other customer specific information Evaluating customer’s history, medical treatment, level of function and abilities, social network; uncover all bio psychosocial influencing factors potentially impacting the claim; understand the customer’s beliefs and self-efficacy and expectations of appropriate work accommodations to facilitate RTW
- Liaison with the treating Doctor and other relevant specialists to understand the diagnosis and support the recovery process
- Develop impactful case management plans by formulating evidence-based strategy for managing the case toward the optimal claim outcome, and working with customers to achieve these goals
- Clearly summarise and present case chronology and strategy to both internal and stakeholder groups as required
What we look for in you:
- Knowledge of the life insurance industry, regulations and dispute resolution including a background in claims management
- Knowledge of medical conditions, treatments and probable recovery.
- Knowledge of how to determine functional capacity, how to assess capacity against occupational demands, and strategies that drive recovery.
- Assess financial information to assess pre disability income
- Cross enterprise collaboration skills
- Ensuring quality and integrity to mitigate risk
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to build and maintain effective relationships both internally
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP Life recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP Life.
If you would like to obtain more information please do not hesitate to contact Milica Radomir on 02 9257 5036