Data Governance Analyst
Job no: 608626
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Sydney, Parramatta
Categories: Information Technology
At AMP Bank we work hard to continue to better serve our customers. We embrace flexible working and the positive impact it has for our people. All roles at AMP can be done flexibly so speak to us about what works for you.
About the role
As Data Governance Analyst, you will be involved in projects related to the application of Data Governance and Data Management methodologies supporting the Data Governance team. You will have an understanding of data governance, data quality and reporting and experienced in governance whilst using your communication skills to influence and promote information management across AMP Bank.
- Participate and apply data governance across all projects and change events that involve upstream or downstream data flows and processes.
- Actively involved in workshops and data working groups with Bank IT and Business SMEs to understand business process, systems and data relationships
- Gather and document business data requirements by working closely with project sponsors, business owners, data stewards, Bank IT as well as fellow analysts, architects, developers and testers
- Develop and maintain the business glossary, data policies, standards across all core data sets
- Analyze IM gaps and deficiencies within business areas by studying current reporting and analytical practice;
- Support the implementation and update of Data Governance procedures, standards, training documents, presentations, and Data Governance detail plans;
- Co-ordinating / resolving data related issues, risks and dependencies across data subject areas through the facilitation of the Data Governance function
- Manage the business glossary as a source of truth for all Bank
Capabilities & Experience
- Proven experience in working within a data governance function or experienced in governance
- Experience with or working knowledge of CPG235, CPS234, Privacy Act, BCBS239, GDPR or other data-related regulations. This is preferable but not essential.
- Exposure to ETL methodologies & technologies (e.g. Talend, Informatica, DataStage)
- Exposure to Data Visualisation technologies (e.g. QlikView, Lumira, Tableau etc.)
Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend