AMP Capital is a specialist investment manager with offices in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, Hong Kong, India, London, Chicago, New York, California, Ireland and the Middle East. We are a leading global real estate and infrastructure manager and the combination of our scale, breadth and capability provides access to superior investment opportunities for our clients.
Our asset class specialists, investment strategists and economists work together with the aim of delivering strong investment outcomes for clients. That is why our clients trust us to invest over AS$189.3 billion (as at 30 June 2018) on their behalf, across a range of single sector and diversified funds.
AMPC Global Technology sits within the Finance, Risk, Strategy and Technology division of AMP Capital. Our technology vision is to be recognised as a high performing technology function, one that is built on a foundation of secure, automated, and real-time data driven technologies, enabled by a team that is seen as innovative, agile, commercial, that is continuously learning and that has an excellent risk mindset.
Focus Areas and Responsibilities:
- Design, build and support new Infrastructure technologies and services with a focus on automation and DevOps as well as Migrate applications and underlying infrastructure to AWS cloud – lift and shift and modernise / move to cloud native, create standardised infrastructure patterns
- Establish, upgrade and support foundational services and processes – CI & CD, monitoring and alerting, compliance, data access controls as well as setup and support clustering solutions including SQL Server on Windows Failover Clustering
- Develop, implement and support infrastructure solutions for end user hosted applications focused on the Microsoft technology stack
- Implement and support application availability and recovery solutions aligned to business requirements and internal standards
- Define, build and maintain application networking requirements working with IT service providers to implement – firewall, ACL/NACL, load balancing, subnet design, DNS
- Automate infrastructure and application build, software installation and configuration, testing and administration tasks – solutions to remain relevant, robust, secure and supported
- Create and maintain technical process and solution documentation – infrastructure diagrams, application integration and configuration requirements, installation and upgrade procedures
- Monitor application health and capacity, automate recovery steps, perform health checks and respond to critical alerts as part of a shared on-call roster
- Proven experience as an Infrastructure Systems Engineer, Wintel Engineering or other relevant IT technical support. Experience in large, complex environments preferred.
- Public cloud and production experience working with AWS. Practical experience with EC2, Route 53, VPC, Backup, Config, ELB/ALB, S3, Lambda, CloudFront and Terraform all highly desired.
- Infrastructure DevOps experience and knowledge working with CI & CD tools such as Team City, Octopus, Jenkins, GitLab, BitBucket, Puppet.
- Strong experience with Microsoft technology stack – Windows Server 2012+, Failover Clustering, .Net, IIS, SQL Server, PowerShell. Knowledge of Windows roles and features, registry, performance monitoring and optimisation required.
- Broad knowledge of general IT infrastructure and services – high availability multi-tier architecture, DNS, load balancers, active directory, networking, file shares, SSL certificates, proxies, backup, virtualisation, replication
- Sound understanding of ITIL framework or have a strong process background in problem, incident, change, vulnerability and risk management.
- Sound communication and stakeholder management skills.