AMP Capital is a specialist investment manager with offices in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, Hong Kong, India, London, Chicago, New York, California, Ireland and the Middle East. We are a leading global real estate and infrastructure manager and the combination of our scale, breadth and capability provides access to superior investment opportunities for our clients.
Our asset class specialists, investment strategists and economists work together with the aim of delivering strong investment outcomes for clients. That is why our clients trust us to invest over AS$189.3 billion AUM (as at 30 June 2018) on their behalf, across a range of single sector and diversified funds.
AMPC Global Technology sits within the Finance, Risk, Strategy and Technology division of AMP Capital. Our technology vision is to be recognised as a high performing technology function, one that is built on a foundation of secure, automated, and real-time data driven technologies, enabled by a team that is seen as innovative, agile, commercial, that is continuously learning and that has an excellent risk mindset.
Focus Areas and Responsibilities:
- Establish, upgrade and maintain non-production and production IT environments on cloud and on-premise infrastructure – define technical requirements, validate infrastructure delivery, automate application installation, configuration and administration tasks
- Manage application source code software, deployment, configuration and monitoring software – ensure user access is appropriately restricted, software is supported, common processes are automated
- Automate common tasks and support processes with PowerShell scripting
- Support ITIL processes including change, incident, problem and request activities – ensure activities performed align to agreed standards and processes
- Perform IT code releases and data migrations – assess change impacts, create implementation plans and test plans, ensure changes are tested
- Monitor application and IT environment health, capacity and performance – perform health checks and respond to critical alerts as part of an on-call roster
- Review and analyse server and application logs, resolve issues independently and with technical peers, implement preventative solution improvements
- Build and manage relationships across a variety of stakeholders including internal customers, vendors and partners
- Proven experience in DevOps, Systems Engineering or other relevant IT technical support. Experience in large, complex environments preferred.
- Hands-on experience with CI / CD tools – Team City, Octopus, Jenkins, GitLab, BitBucket, Puppet experience highly desired.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft technology stacks – Windows Server 2012+, .Net applications, IIS, SQL Server, PowerShell
- Demonstrated capabilities in automation and PowerShell scripting.
- Knowledge of cloud and on-premise IT infrastructure solutions – load balancing, DNS, active directory, file shares, backup, virtualisation, SSL certificates.
- Practical experience with AWS Cloud highly desired - EC2, Route 53, Backup, Config, ELB/ALB, S3, Lambda, Terraform, CloudFront.
- Sound understanding of ITIL framework or have a strong process background in problem, incident, change, vulnerability and risk management.
- Sound communication and stakeholder management skills.