AMP Capital is a specialist investment manager with offices in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, Hong Kong, India, London, Chicago, New York, California, Ireland and the Middle East. We are a leading global real estate and infrastructure manager and the combination of our scale, breadth and capability provides access to superior investment opportunities for our clients.
Our asset class specialists, investment strategists and economists work together with the aim of delivering strong investment outcomes for clients. That is why our clients trust us to invest over AS$189.3 billion AUM (as at 30 June 2018) on their behalf, across a range of single sector and diversified funds.
The AMP Capital Enterprise Data Office (EDO) is a newly created organisational capability that has been established to help drive consistent and sustainable uplift in data maturity in support of business priorities leading to lower risk, increased efficiency & data driven insights.
Focus Areas and Responsibilities:
- Support AMP Capital EDO in establishing foundational capabilities and best practices for data governance, data management, data architecture and business reporting (BI).
- Support the EDO leads in running the data working groups with Business (Data Owner & Data steward) and Technology (Data Custodian) stakeholders. Assist in identifying and triaging data issues, update data governance repositories (like data asset catalogue and business glossary), identify remediation approach, provide enterprise data perspectives.
- Conduct End-to-end data analysis, data issue definition, root cause analysis and remediation.
- Work with our Technology team, and Data and Solution Architects, to:
- Enhance data feeds and processes into key systems and calculators
- Remap data processes to remove redundancies and to align processes and feeds across independent systems
- Facilitate outcomes and resolving day-to-day data issues
- Coordinate in pre-release testing and impact analysis of proposed changes to data feeds, processes and datasets.
- Demonstrated data management and analysis experience, along with a highly inquisitive approach to problem solving
- Financial services (preferably in public markets / investment management) and / or Real Estate / Infrastructure domain knowledge
- Data analysis and interpretation skills (Basic SQL knowledge)
- Experience, personality, behaviors and fit with the team is more important than qualifications, though a relevant tertiary degree, possibly analytical focused, may be an advantage.
- Detailed focused and comfortable unpicking complex data and process challenges