Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
About the role
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) function is the technical, operational, and project delivery hub of AMP, partnering with AMP business units to design, deliver and manage innovative technology and operational solutions that meet the current and future needs of customers. Our vision is to be recognised as AMP's technology innovators and integrators, applying world-class best practice standards and processes within AMP’s operations.
The Continuous Improvement group within the COO helps to identify opportunities and deliver improvements that will add value and benefit to our customer experiences, provides quality assessment and assurance to help teams to deliver the service outcomes for our customers, and drives productivity and efficiency across our business teams.
The Improvement Lead will lead, support and deliver improvement to the quality and efficiency of AMP products, processes and systems. This will involve leading and supporting projects via the Operations Maintenance & Enhancement program to deliver system tactical improvements to the design, monitoring and performance of services in Operations and other AMP areas.
- Lead an improvement initiative, through process or system or automated process design that aligns to the business need, operating plans and strategic objectives; having accountability for management and delivery of improvements using the appropriate methodology (eg. SDLC, Agile, Lean, DMAIC/DIMCA, DMO)
- Define and analyse the improvement need using techniques that incorporate knowledge of product, process and systems of AMP
- Create a positive and constructive group environment, maintaining the group focus, and leading the improvement toward stated goals
- Lead and enhance capabilities at AMP by contributing to continuous improvement activity and lifting skills by sharing knowledge and experience, and also by actively learning from industry best practice
Capabilities & Experience
- Proven track record in execution of process improvement, process design, process monitoring projects, preferably within Financial Services
- Demonstrated experience in focusing on internal and external customers and stakeholders by making efforts to understand their needs
- Familiarity with Project Management and SDLC/Agile processes and activities, and the ability to apply appropriate methodology, standards and practice to the improvement eg. (SDLC, Agile, Lean, DMAIC/DIMCA, DMO)
- Familiarity with establishing business measures and use of quantitative data analysis techniques
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and applying knowledge of selected analytical tools, methodologies and processes in carrying out analysis, design and re-engineering of process and systems
- Ability to effectively coach dedicated and BAU resources in improvement methodologies
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity