Senior Tax Accountant
Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
Main focus areas
- The completion of the domestic and international Business Activity statements correctly and accurately, every month, on a timely basis, from a business unit/entity perspective.
- The population of the tax provisions and tax balances in the general ledger, accurately, on a monthly basis.
- The timely and accurate preparation of the annual income tax return and annual AIIR from a business unit/entity perspective.
- The timely calculation of PAYG Instalment Income.
- Assist Group Taxation with transfer pricing, controlled foreign company and withholding tax issues associated with cross border transactions.
- Provide guidance and support when required to other members of the Tax Accounting team, including offshore team.
- Establish or maintain relationships with key business partners.
- Provide assistance to the Manager, Tax Accounting and Tax Accounting Managers for additional ad-hoc duties as required on an ongoing basis.
- Identify and manage the implementation of a range of process improvements.
- Apply tax law changes, including across multiple tax jurisdictions.
- Relevant tax reporting experience
- Thorough understanding of all relevant technical finance competencies
- Sound knowledge of financial applications
- Working knowledge of the Australian Income Tax and GST regime
- Sound knowledge of the relevant Accounting Standards
- Degree Qualified – Major in Accounting
- Qualified CA / CPA (or equivalent)
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.