AMP Life is Australia and New Zealand’s largest life insurer, with assets of over $31bn and over 2.4 million customers. AMP Life is transitioning its business model to be an in-force specialist life insurer, with a focus on providing existing customers in Australia and New Zealand with risk insurances (income protection, disability and life), traditional life insurances and mature life insurance investments.
We are a customer centric and deeply human organisation and we work to help our customers realise their best life. We focus on the customer experience, retention, investment outcomes, and running an efficient business model to drive customer advocacy and profitable performance outcomes. In 2019, it is planned that AMP Life will be sold by AMP to Resolution Life, a global in-force life insurance specialist.
About the role
Support the Deputy CIO for AMP Life and Senior Managers in the Investment team to maintain an overall view of the investment management and performance of AMP Life’s portfolios and provide investment insight to enable AMP Life to perform the necessary level of investment governance.
Main focus areas will be:
- Work with the wider Actuarial team to oversee the structure of the Asset-Liability Matched portfolios.
- Set investment objectives and constraints, including in-out to Asset Liability Management and SAA.
- Provide investment expertise as an input to the governance and monitoring performed within AMP Life.
- Oversee the preparation, review and submission of new investment proposals.
- Ensure IMAs and SLAs are up-to date to reflect any mandate, governance, protocol or fee etc changes.
- Oversee investment protection activities for SF1.
- Ensure all compliance and reporting activities are completed to the highest standard.
- Ensure issues logs are maintained and actioned.
What we look for in you:
- Liability driven investment modelling and analytical skills
- Asset consulting
- Superannuation Fund Trustee or Life Company investment governance
- Investment manager performance reporting
- Experience in investment management
- Ability to work in and participate in a team environment and be flexible as priorities change to deliver the best outcomes for our customers under pressure and tight deadlines
- Experience in investment management in funds management, superannuation or financial services
- Strong understanding of one or more of investment strategy, investment governance and investment performance reporting
- Well-developed business acumen and ability to work with complex systems
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders including external parties
- Self-motivated individual with a desire to achieve continuous improvement and ability to think outside the box and continually innovate.
- CFA, Actuarial or other investment related qualifications
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP Life recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP Life.