Senior Analyst, Investments
AMP Life is Australia and New Zealand’s largest life insurer, with assets of over $31bn and over 2.4 million customers. AMP Life is transitioning its business model to be an in-force specialist life insurer, with a focus on providing existing customers in Australia and New Zealand with risk insurances (income protection, disability and life), traditional life insurances and mature life insurance investments.
We are a customer centric and deeply human organisation and we work to help our customers realise their best life. We focus on the customer experience, retention, investment outcomes, and running an efficient business model to drive customer advocacy and profitable performance outcomes. In 2019, it is planned that AMP Life will be sold by AMP to Resolution Life, a global in-force life insurance specialist.
About the role Support the Deputy CIO for AMP Life and Senior Managers in the Investment team to maintain an overall view of the investment management and performance of AMP Life’s portfolios and provide investment insight to enable AMP Life to perform the necessary level of investment governance.
Main focus areas will be:
- Contribute to developing a high performing investment management function
- Work with the wider Actuarial team to oversee the structure of the Asset-Liability Matched portfolios.
- Set investment objectives and constraints, including in-out to Asset Liability Management and SAA.
- Provide strategic investment advice and insight to relevant boards, Trustees, Actuarial and Treasury teams, portfolio and fund managers that reflect the best interests of policy holders.
- Provide investment expertise as an input to the governance and monitoring performed within AMP Life.
- Oversee the preparation, review and submission of new investment proposals.
- Ensure IMAs and SLAs are up-to date to reflect any mandate, governance, protocol or fee etc changes.
- Support investment related committees and meetings at AMP Life with appropriate information, recommendations and secretarial functions.
- Ensure issues logs are maintained and actioned.
What we look for in you:
- Ideally at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role with solid critical experience
- Significant experience in investment management
- Liability driven investment modelling and analytical skills
- Asset consulting
- Superannuation Fund Trustee or Life Company investment governance
- Investment manager performance reporting
- Ability to work in and participate in a team environment including excellent priority and time management ability
- Experience in investment management in funds management, superannuation or financial services
- Strong understanding of one or more of investment strategy, investment governance and investment performance reporting
- Well-developed business acumen and ability to work with complex systems
- Ability to influence and contribute to decision making and strategy development by utilising excellent communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders including external parties
- Continuous improvement mindset
- CFA, Actuarial or other investment related qualifications
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP Life recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP Life.