Senior Manager Investment Governance
AMP Life is Australia and New Zealand’s largest life insurer, with assets of over $31bn and over 2.4 million customers. AMP Life is transitioning its business model to be an in-force specialist life insurer, with a focus on providing existing customers in Australia and New Zealand with risk insurances (income protection, disability and life), traditional life insurances and mature life insurance investments.
We are a customer centric and deeply human organisation and we work to help our customers realise their best life. We focus on the customer experience, retention, investment outcomes, and running an efficient business model to drive customer advocacy and profitable performance outcomes. In 2019, it is planned that AMP Life will be sold by AMP to Resolution Life, a global in-force life insurance specialist.
About the role
Support the Deputy CIO for AMP Life to maintain an overall view of the investment management and performance of AMP Life’s portfolios and provide investment insight to enable AMP Life to perform the necessary level of investment governance.
The role will support the CIO and Deputy CIO and at times directly provide investment expertise and advice to key stakeholders.
Main focus areas will be:
- Contribute to developing a high performing investment management function and including developing own and team members' skills, capabilities and behaviours.
- Work with the Actuarial team to oversee the structure of the Asset-Liability Matched portfolios.
- Set investment objectives and constraints, including in-out to Asset Liability Management and SAA.
- Provide strategic investment advice and insight to relevant boards, Trustees, Actuarial and Treasury teams, portfolio and fund managers that reflect the best interests of policy holders.
- Provide investment expertise as an input to the governance and monitoring performed within AMP Life.
- Ensure IMAs and SLAs are up-to date to reflect any mandate, governance, protocol or fee etc changes
- Oversee protection activities for SF1
- Support investment related committees and meetings at AMP Life with appropriate information, recommendations and secretarial functions.
What we look for in you:
- Significant experience in investment management
- Setting investment strategy, objectives and governance that delivered results
- Work in a flexible and agile environment focusing on meeting deadlines and delivery
- Plans and acts with customer front of mind by looking for efficient and agile ways to deliver for the customer
- Experience in investment management in funds management, superannuation or financial services
- Well-developed business acumen and ability to work with complex systems
- Ability to influence and contribute to decision making and strategy development utilising excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders including external parties
- Continuous improvement ability and mindset
- CFA, Actuarial or other investment related qualifications
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP Life recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP Life.