Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
About the role
The role is with the Financial Crime Operations team who is responsible for AMP’s risk and control framework for:
- AML - conducting and managing money laundering and terrorist financing related investigations. The role is designed to assess the potential threat to AMP of money-laundering and terrorism financing activities occurring, responding by ensuring appropriate processes are implemented to manage and mitigate the money laundering or terrorism financing risk AMP may reasonably face;
- Foreign Tax Residency including FATCA and CRS - compliance with relevant FATCA/CRS regulations, policies and processes, specifically operational procedures.
The Analyst, Financial Crime Operations will:
- Conduct operational activities relevant to the AML/CTF Ongoing Customer Due Diligence Program, including:
- The transaction monitoring program, watch list screening activities, investigations, case management, enhanced customer due diligence program, complexity assessments, customer due diligence risk assessment, further KYC and discrepancy reviews, management of rules and scenarios, and regulatory reporting.
- Conduct FATCA and CRS operational activities, including:
- Classification and recording of new and existing customers; processing / validation of customer self-certification including direct contact with the customer where necessary; confirm due diligence on pre-existing and new accounts; handling of customer queries and those from tax authorities (phone and written); conduct follow-up investigations with clients / advisors / relationship managers
- Identify and implement continuous improvements
- Liaise with customers, internal business units, law enforcement agencies, industry representatives and other financial institutions
Capabilities & Experience
- financial services analytical (data) experience, preferably in AML/CTF, fraud or risk operations.
- Sound knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering risk and related control procedures
- Working knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements in respect of AML/CTF and Sanctions
- FATCA/CRS knowledge is desirable but not essential
- General understanding of wealth management and banking processes and products gained through 3+ years’ experience
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders across a wide range of business areas
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.