Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
As a leader at AMP, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of our business. You will be expected to develop, engage and retain talented people, and foster an environment where people can realise their full potential.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
About the role
The People & Corporate Affairs unit at AMP integrates the enterprise strategy, people, government affairs, communications and sustainability functions to enable the competitiveness and strengthen the internal and external reputation of the AMP group. As a collective unit, People & Corporate Affairs has a custodian role for the AMP purpose.
This role will be developing the people vision and strategy for AMP enabling the achievement of the group’s purpose and strategy in a way that is aligned to values and expected behaviors.
The position requires both a Strategic and Analytical mind-set, sound commercial acumen and intricate knowledge of business administration in practice.
Areas of focus will be;
- Lead the development of the People Strategy for AMP though consulting with key stakeholders to identify and explore potential opportunity areas and define how AMP will respond.
- Strategically and continuously monitor, explore and evaluate the changing landscape against Group priorities as they evolve, to shape and influence the strategic People agenda over time.
- Work across the People & Corporate Affairs function to shape a purpose for AMP that remains aligned with evolving stakeholder expectations and influence how the Group continues to mobilise against purpose through an effective People agenda.
- Explore workforce opportunities and develop models that support and build understanding of current and potential future states of play, in a way that enables the maintenance of an enterprise workforce roadmap to optimise decision making.
- Work across the People function, to support the team to understand and shape strategies that will deliver value, with a focus on driving uplift in measurable value creation.
Capabilities & Experience
- Experience working in a strategy or business analysis role within a complex business and/or dynamic sector, such as financial services.
- Exposure to people / human resources analytics and strategy, would be an advantage.
- Consulting experience either gained in-house or in external consulting
- Experience working in Reporting, Analytics or Statistics role
- Graduate / Post graduate qualification in relevant discipline, such as Business, Economics, Science or Mathematics, preferred.
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfill our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.