AMP Life is Australia and New Zealand’s largest life insurer, with assets of over $31bn and over 2.4 million customers. AMP Life is transitioning its business model to be an in-force specialist life insurer, with a focus on providing existing customers in Australia and New Zealand with risk insurances (income protection, disability and life), traditional life insurances and mature life insurance investments.
We are a customer centric and deeply human organisation and we work to help our customers realise their best life. We focus on the customer experience, retention, investment outcomes, and running an efficient business model to drive customer advocacy and profitable performance outcomes. In 2019, it is planned that AMP Life will be sold by AMP to Resolution Life, a global in-force life insurance specialist.
About the role
This role will work with the business to deliver the people strategy to drive optimal organisational performance and engagement; deliver on transformation and change objectives; and provide leader advice support on employee relations matters
This is a varied HR generalist role which will evolve and change over time based on the customer and business needs.
Initially, you will be responsible for;
- Contributing to the design and implementation of the integrated enterprise wide people plan.
- Providing strategic partnering to key business stakeholders – including advising, influencing and coaching leaders in the design, development and delivery of prioritised people related initiatives that support the achievement of business outcomes; and developing and using insights to coach and influence business leaders.
- Developing functional people plans aligned to the people strategy, incorporating function specific requirements such as: operating model; people capability; talent management (incl succession and diversity/inclusion); leadership, culture and engagement development frameworks & strategies.
- Delivering projects to support the delivery of key people transformation initiatives across the organisation.
- Providing leader support for employee relations’ matters.
Capabilities & Experience
- A strong and proven background as an HR Generalist in a business partnering capacity with strengths in diagnosing and delivering people requirements in partnership with the business.
- Learning and continuous improvement mindset with an ability to stay connected to market trends and best practice
- Excellent communication and consulting skills with a strong focus on customer service.
- Service orientation, an ability to build sustainable working relationships and effectively manage stakeholders
- Ability to work across business functions partnering with leadership – including to manage employee relations’ matters
- Must possess the ability to manage and deliver people projects across the organisation at a strategic level.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP Life recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP Life.