AMP Life is Australia and New Zealand’s largest life insurer, with assets of over $31bn and over 2.4 million customers. AMP Life is transitioning its business model to be an in-force specialist life insurer, with a focus on providing existing customers in Australia and New Zealand with risk insurances (income protection, disability and life), traditional life insurances and mature life insurance investments.
We are a customer centric and deeply human organisation and we work to help our customers realise their best life. We focus on the customer experience, retention, investment outcomes, and running an efficient business model to drive customer advocacy and profitable performance outcomes. In 2019, it is planned that AMP Life will be sold by AMP to Resolution Life, a global in-force life insurance specialist.
About the role
This varied role will lead the Performance, Reward and Governance function in the People function of AMP Life. You will be responsible for a wide range of performance and reward activities which include; designing, implementing and maintaining reward, remuneration and performance frameworks.
You will also be looking after the broader governance and management work which include; designing and executing an employee benefits and wellbeing strategy; managing governance across the function - including in relation to regulatory requirements and WHS; and working to develop P&C’s data and analytics capability.
- Designing, implementing and maintaining reward, remuneration and performance frameworks. To do this you’ll need to partner with the leadership team to build and implement reward solutions that meet business and regulatory needs, drive business performance and ultimately encourage our people to strive to perform. As part of this process you’ll also need to evaluate, analyse and communicate our rewards approach.
- Leading the day to day planning and management of the annual reward and governance processes to meet internal and external requirements and in line with AMP Life’s performance framework – which you’ll be instrumental in designing and implementing.
- Providing advice, oversight and governance to the business on specific remuneration arrangements.
- Establishing a compliant governance framework and managing it for P&C. This includes working with AMP Life Boards and Committees and preparing relevant papers; delivering any internal and external reporting; understanding and proactively managing the regulatory environment; and broader governance management (e.g. P&C policy portfolio).
- Designing and implementing a compliant WHS management system – including ensuring an appropriate due diligence framework, appropriate reporting and operational compliance is maintained.
- Designing and implementing an AMP Life wellbeing strategy and plan - working with other P&C colleagues and the business to know what’s important to our people and keep pace with research and broader industry trends.
- Establishing a people data and analytics capability to provide reporting and analysis as required by P&C and the business.
- Be an integral part of the P&C leadership team responsible for forming the function and developing the People Strategy and Plan for the AMP Life business.
Capabilities & Experience
- A strong ability and proven background in designing and implementing reward, remuneration, governance, performance and wellbeing frameworks
- An extensive knowledge of our legislative requirements in this space, and the understanding of how to apply this to your work
- Demonstrated experience presented board papers to board committees and other senior stakeholders
- A keen interest in wellbeing and helping our people manage this proactively
- Ability to build, engage and develop a talented team, creating a working environment where people can realise their potential
- Excellent communication and consulting skills with a strong customer focus
- Service orientation, an ability to build sustainable working relationships and effectively manage stakeholders
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP Life recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP Life.