AMP Capital is a specialist investment manager with offices in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, Hong Kong, India, London, Chicago, New York, California, Ireland and the Middle East. We are a leading global real estate and infrastructure manager and the combination of our scale, breadth and capability provides access to superior investment opportunities for our clients.
Our asset class specialists, investment strategists and economists work together with the aim of delivering strong investment outcomes for clients. That is why our clients trust us to invest over AS$189.3 billion AUM (as at 30 June 2018) on their behalf, across a range of single sector and diversified funds.
The role requires a focused, self-motivated and hands-on individual with very strong communication skills to work closely with the AMP Capital Senior Manager, Compliance and Regulatory Change, to ensure all current and emerging regulatory compliance obligations are identified and operationalised within our funds management business globally.
The main focus of the role is to:
- monitor, identify and communicate global regulatory change affecting AMP Capital’s investment management business;
- interpret global regulatory change and perform initial impact assessments to determine future state obligations;
- advise, partner and challenge the business (either through a project or within business as usual) to ensure compliance with current and future compliance obligations;
- engage stakeholders to successfully influence the effective implementation regulatory change
By joining us, you will be working in the AMP Capital enterprise risk management team (ERM), a team of 16 permanent second line Risk and Compliance professionals who work closely with the AMP Group ERM function to implement the AMP Group ERM framework and partner with the AMP Capital business.
We are searching for a motivated and driven individual with experience working in regulatory reform (either in a compliance or project analyst role) to further develop our regulatory change management capability. Experience on prior major reform (such as EMIR, MIFID2, GDPR is beneficial).
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a keen eye for detail are essential.
- Relevant experience (3 years+) in legal, compliance, operational risk, business analyst role, preferably in an asset management organisation;
- Experience analysing, summarising and documenting global regulatory obligations and ability to identify and articulate differences between current obligations and new obligations;
- Experience in integrating regulatory obligations into business processes and operational risk frameworks;
- Demonstrated experience or exposure to industry body and regulatory liaison and reporting requirements e.g.; ASIC/ APRA/FCA breach reporting;
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships at a range of levels across the organization;
- Strong technical compliance knowledge;
- Strong understanding of financial markets and comprehensive understanding of financial instruments;
- Demonstrated ability to think, plan and act independently / strategically;
- Tertiary qualification Bachelor of Laws or finance relation discipline preferable
- Post graduate / professional institute qualifications in risk management / finance / governance / audit / commerce or equivalent in risk and compliance arena would be well regarded