Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
About the role
This role will be part of the ERM Group Regulatory Relations team whose main objective is to develop and embed a strategy that results in re-building trust with our regulators.
You will effectively manage regulatory risk across AMP, including managing AMP’s relationships with its regulators and quasi regulators to maximise business value and minimise adverse impacts, as well as ensuring AMP Group meets its obligations and AMP group policies.
- Assist in developing, communicating and implementing a consistent regulatory relationship strategy.
- Establish and foster a relationship of trust and respect between AMP and its regulators
- Reviewing material correspondence to regulators to ensure consistency across the Group; providing internal review and challenge
- Assisting with the tracking and reporting of regulatory commitments
- Identify key proactive engagement opportunities with regulators, focussing on the business benefits of regulator engagement
Capabilities & Experience
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Proven experience in managing regulatory relationships
- Thorough understanding of the financial services industry, relevant regulators (e.g. ASIC and APRA), and current and proposed financial services regulatory and legislative requirements, including Corporations Law; ASIC Regulatory Guides; APRA Standards etc.
- knowledge of risk and compliance management frameworks, regulatory risk and compliance methodologies, policies and practices, with demonstrated ability in adding value in providing these services
- Ability to think, plan and act strategically with a capacity for commercial oriented problem solving
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym, Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.