AMP Capital is a specialist investment manager with offices in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, Hong Kong, India, London, Chicago, New York, California, Ireland and the Middle East. We are a leading global real estate and infrastructure manager and the combination of our scale, breadth and capability provides access to superior investment opportunities for our clients.
The Real Estate team is responsible for managing AMP Capital’s substantial property business.
AMP Capital Shopping Centres (AMPCSC) sits within the Real Estate division of AMP Capital Investors, and provides asset, development, and property management expertise to the shopping centres owned and/or managed by AMP Capital.
The Operations Manager supports the Centre Manager in the management and development of the modern Centre City Shopping Centre, located in the heart of the New Plymouth CBD.
- The role of Operations Manager supports the Centre Manager to deliver the Business Plan objectives of the asset.
- The primary areas of focus are to uphold operational safety, performance and compliance.
- Statutory and legal obligations pursuant to the delivery of the role must be observed and appropriate training and procedures implemented.
- Management obligations of this role include but are not limited to; procurement, capital works projects, tenancy delivery and stakeholder engagement.
- The Operations Manager is required to exercise judgement, set priorities and schedule work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously, use initiative and meet deadlines,
- Business-oriented and cost conscious,
- Capable of concurrent problem solving and adaptability to changing work environments,
- Manages the relationship with contract service providers and/or retailers, including negotiation, interpretation and application of agreements, with favourable business outcomes,
- Utilises established financial systems to manage and control cost variables and be responsible for developing income and/or expenditure budgets, alongside the Centre Manager,
- Develops existing processes and procedures to generate efficiencies, improve service delivery and minimise risk,
- Tertiary Qualifications in a relevant discipline.