Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
The primary purpose of the role is to work with the Internal Audit team in the provision of independent, objective and insightful assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of AMP’s governance, risk management and control processes. The role offers a unique opportunity to make an important impact in the risk and control environment of a market leading organisation undergoing significant change.
Main focus areas
- Provide quality assurance and key insight into ensuring consistent standards are maintained and quality robust outcomes are achieved across all remediation programmes
- Responsible for the successful execution of customer remediation programs
- Design, develop and deliver end to end customer remediation programs that are valued by both our customers and advisers
- Technical advice; using skills to form an assessment of the customer’s advice and related issues specific to their circumstances. Work through appropriate customer remediation solutions
- Work closely with other teams to ensure that customer remediation programs comply with AMP standards and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that reporting / monitoring obligations are fulfilled
- Analyse key themes identified through customer remediation programmes. Provide feedback loop into other advice business areas
- 5 years’ experience in an advice role e.g. policy, advice solutions development, compliance
- Experience in managing relationships with clients, licensees and financial planners and understanding their needs
- Demonstrated project management skills and attention to detail
- Superior personal interaction skills to manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in providing training and coaching feedback
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.