About the role
In this role you will lead a team of field and Desk based BDMs (8-12 people) to generate lending growth through accredited mortgage brokers and AMP Aligned Financial Advisers. This role covers the area of VIC, WA, SA & TAS.
The Area Sales Manager – Bank Distribution is responsible for;
- Relationship management with key stakeholders internally and externally including with aggregator state managers, AMP FP state GMs, Bank Technology & Operations, Risk and Credit.
- Promoting and driving a clear sense of purpose and direction for the positioning and performance of the brokers and planners
- Interpret market and internal data and prepare models and data driven reports consistent with territory.
- Creating a sense of team ownership and drive a culture of accountability and delivery.
- Deliver the AMP Bank strategic direction for the area. Address market trends and pursue opportunities to increase sales opportunities.
- Developing and coaching the BDM team members to improve engagement, utilitisation and effectiveness and achieve high performance.
Capabilities & Experience
- Previous leadership experience in leading a team to achieve excellent results & best practice in a rapidly changing market
- Ability to negotiate win/win outcomes consistently – internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Knowledge of the financial market and competitive products especially within the Mortgage Origination market.
- A well developed and extensive network within the 3rd Party market –with lenders, aggregators and brokers
Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
At AMP Bank we work hard to continue to better serve our customers. We embrace flexible working and the positive impact it has for our people. All roles at AMP Bank can be done flexibly so speak to us about what works for you.