National WHS Manager
Job no: 606465
Work type: Permanent Full Time
AMP Capital is a specialist investment manager with offices in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, Hong Kong, India, London, Chicago, New York, California, Ireland and the Middle East. We are a leading global real estate and infrastructure manager and the combination of our scale, breadth and capability provides access to superior investment opportunities for our clients.
The Real Estate team is responsible for managing AMP Capital’s substantial property business. This includes the investment management of AMP capital’s various property portfolios; the day – to – day management of the office, industrial and shopping centre properties in which AMP Capital invests; and researching new property opportunities.
Reporting to the Head of EWHS Real Estate and working as a part of the Corporate Responsibility & Business Platform team, the WHS Manager Real Estate is responsible for working with senior property management teams to execute a program of continual improvement to deliver on the strategic direction and cultural approach for environment, work, health & safety.
- Ensuring that the operations of AMP Capital Real Estate are conducted in a manner which ensures the health and well-being of all our stakeholders including employees, tenants, contractors, customers and members of the public who either visit or may be affected by our real estate assets.
- Management of AMPC Real Estate EWHS management system.
- Continual improvement in EHS performance moving beyond compliance that is proactive in both systems and culture.
- Support and enable business leaders to effectively and efficiently manage EWHS across each asset under management.
- A subject matter expert and provide leadership for EWHS in AMPC Real Estate.
- Leading, coaching and conveying a positive EWHS culture.
- Contribute to the overall management of wellbeing, safety and welfare of all employees involved in the management of AMP Capital Real Estate assets.
- Training and education to ensure that employees have the appropriate skills, resources and support to identify and manage risks and to contribute to ongoing improvements in safety performance.
This role is within the Chief Operating Officer function for Real Estate and is therefore able to act independently to deal with conflicts that from time to time arise in a complex business environment.
- Tertiary qualification in OH&S or Risk (Undergraduate or Post Graduate)
- Lead auditors’ accreditation for OHS Management Systems
- Office, Industrial or Shopping Centre experience
- Knowledge of WHS legislation and demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of WHS policies and procedures
- Sound understanding of health and safety risk management (e.g. hazard, risk, controls)
- Previous implementation, management or certification of health and safety management systems (AS4801/ISO14001/ISO9001)
- Workers Compensation and Return to Work Coordination
- Public Liability Management
- Serious Incident Investigation
- Data analysis and reporting
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend