AMP Capital is a specialist investment manager with offices in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, Hong Kong, India, London, Chicago, New York, California, Ireland and the Middle East. We are a leading global real estate and infrastructure manager and the combination of our scale, breadth and capability provides access to superior investment opportunities for our clients.
The Real Estate team is responsible for managing AMP Capital’s substantial property business. This includes the investment management of AMP capital’s various property portfolios; the day – to – day management of the office, industrial and shopping centre properties in which AMP Capital invests; and researching new property opportunities.
Real Estate Finance has a key custodian role within the business and this is a key role in ensuring the high standards required for this to occur. Finance plays an important role as ‘conscience’ of the Business and this role is at the heart of that culture.
The Senior Property & Systems Analyst for Real Estate ensures we deliver on our promise of strong investment performance as a Trusted and High Value Add Partner for our investors.
The role is responsible for partnering with the business in the use of MRI Investment Management (aka Cougar V8) platform. The aim is to ensure that the platform is used to its full capacity to satisfy business requirements and mitigate product gaps – and ensure the end user is utilising the system to the best of it’s ability. This includes top tier support, and delivery of Finance strategic objectives. This is achieved by working closely with all business areas to improve efficiency and integration of data through technology and process. It will be important to have a customer focus, and the ability to build rapport, to upskill the end users and assist the finance community to become autonomous.
- Escalation point for end user questions – analyse, resolve, respond
- Defect resolution
- Case & Incident Management
- Point of contact between Vendor and AMP
- Technical support for Valuation modelling - Including advising the business regarding best practice for:
- Advanced Majors lease modelling
- Advanced outgoings setups
- Percentage Rent modelling
- Valuation audits
- Modelling advice and best practice
- Advanced troubleshooting
- Take a lead role in the delivery of the Finance Team strategic objectives as they relate to system enhancements
- Design, create and maintain reports to enhance business efficiency, including automation of quarterly report packs, Asset Plans and Asset Strategy documents and ad hoc business intelligence tools
- Passion for systems and process improvement
- Subject matter expert or super-user of MRI Investment Modelling (aka Cougar V8), Dyna (Argus) and/or JDE/ Yardi etc
- Prior experience as a valuer or senior analyst in a large organisation preferred
- Strong financial modelling skills, including building financial models in excel to validate system outputs ( for example IRRs, Total return calculations using the IPD methodology, Discounted Cashflow, Yields, Compound interest etc)
- Preferably from a commercial background.
- Experience with system implementations will be highly regarded.
- A strong understanding of Property Funds Management business, including the role of Funds Management, Asset Management, Property Management, accounting and their interplay with financial systems would be well regarded.
It is important that the high technical standards of the incumbent are matched with strong integrity and openness that drives insight and ownership across the Property business. This will be achieved through high levels of integrity, reliability and an ability to understand people and issues that span teams and divisions so as the quality of end to end financial processes is improved.