Legal Counsel (Marketing)
- AMP values career development
- Our Performance Philosophy, performance is always learning and improving together
- Next door to: Trains Buses and Ferries
If you are looking to utilise your legal experience working on all types of marketing materials and advertising relating to financial services and products for retail customers, then this role is a good opportunity to join our highly professional and experienced team.
With your well-developed legal skills either in-house or at a law firm you will provide advice on a broad range of marketing materials and advertising for financial products and services particularly in relation to all aspects of superannuation (retail and corporate), insurance and financial advice. This will include knowledge of laws relating to financial services, consumer protection, privacy, Spam, trade promotions and intellectual property.
Financial Services (FS) Legal sits within Legal & Governance and is an integral support service to all Financial Services business units within the organisation. Within FS Legal is Financial Products legal and Customer Interactions legal.
About the role
As a member of our Financial Products legal team and collaboratively working alongside and supporting the Senior Legal Counsel, Customer Interactions, your main responsibility will be working on Customer Interactions legal work.
The key purpose of the role is to provide legal services to the Strategic Marketing and Customer Experience (SM&CX) team and the Brand and Advertising (B&A) team in respect of marketing and advertising campaigns and materials across the organisation.
Main Focus Areas:
- Consider entire customer journeys via multiple channels and in different mediums to provide integrated, cohesive legal advice to multiple stakeholders within SM&CX and B&A.
- Provide practical, commercially relevant legal advice including identifying and assessing legal risks and providing options.
- Coach and train stakeholders on marketing and advertising legal requirements, providing pro-active, practical legal guidance and support.
- Identify and understand the business strategies, priorities and goals and providing legal advice with these matters in mind as well as participate in key business projects and initiatives.
With your Degree in law or other appropriate legal qualifications as well as holder or be eligible to hold a relevant practising certificate in New South Wales what we also look for in you:
- Ideally at least 4 years post admission experience with sound knowledge of the financial services industry and the legal and regulatory regime.
- Sound knowledge of financial services laws (Chapter 7 of the Corporations Act) including related regulatory guidance.
- Ability to build and develop collaborative and effective relationships with clients, colleagues and business stakeholders.
- Communication skills written, verbal and listening.
- Embrace change, creativity and innovation.
- Analytical, problem-solving skills, business acumen and excellent attention to detail.
- Adaptable, flexible attitude to coping with competing priorities within tight time frames.
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office and Parramatta Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
For more information on this role please contact Milica Radomir on 02 9257 5036