- AMP values career development
- Amazing Circular Quay location
- We value Diversity
About the role
The purpose of this role is to support the Senior Actuary and Deputy Chief Actuary, Valuations and Delivery with the primary end to end responsibility for the valuation of the Wealth Protection business.
More specifically your role will involve but not limited to:
- Delivery and communication of end-to-end monthly reporting of profits, embedded values, value of new business, including analysis of variances to plan and analysis of change by source.
- Deliver policy liabilities and embedded values as disclosed in Half Yearly Investor Reports, Statutory / Life Act reports, and financial condition investigations required by the Life Act, AMP Life Board and the Group Actuary.
- Maintain and enhance current actuarial valuation processes considering speed, quality and simplicity.
- Documentation of process/enhancements, management of key person risk and strengthen the risk management and internal controls within the actuarial function.
- Assist in delivering key actuarial inputs to the annual strategic planning and forecast process for Wealth Protection business
What we look for in you:
- Working towards completion of actuarial studies.
- Ideally at least 3 years industry experience particularly in the Insurance industry, specifically the Retail and Group Life and Disability markets.
- An understanding of the actuarial aspect of Life Insurance Act 1995, APRA Prudential Standards and related regulations.
- Experience in the use of Prophet.
- Concise and clear communicate skills both written and verbal
- Solid technical skills and the ability to develop logical solutions to new problems.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills with ability to review reasonableness of numeric outputs and apply judgement
Working for AMP means working for a company that empowers its people to make a difference, while providing the support of a highly talented, experienced team. We understand that it is our customers that make us great. And because people achieve their best in different ways, our culture is flexible and supportive, to give you the freedom to focus on outcomes rather than just processes.
AMP is an organisation like few others. We enjoy a culture that recognises individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers.
If you would like to obtain further information please contact Milica Radomir on 02 9257 5036