Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
About the role
Work with Head of Group Strategy to support the CEO, Chief Strategy Officer and senior management across AMP to develop and execute strategy by, amongst other things, creating environments within which these leaders and their respective teams can successfully debate, challenge and make informed and ‘smart’ strategic decisions supported by relevant insights and evidence. The Strategy team is an expert team that has direct impact on, and the respect of, the CEO and Group Leadership Team.
- Contributing strongly to the ongoing development and assessment of future strategic options for AMP and the creation of smart, robust, actionable and value-creating strategies and portfolio options.
- Developing and often leading key elements of the Group strategic planning process including developing strategy sessions/discussions with the Group Leadership Team and Board; developing a strategic narrative, clearly linking strategy to value creation, setting key strategic priorities, and developing an integrated Strategic Plan for the Group
- Assisting in providing support to the Board, CEO and Investor Relations on questions regarding market and competitor activity
- Assisting in the monitoring and reporting on AMP Group strategic risks, working with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) on reporting of Group strategic risks
- Proactively monitor and analyse competitor and market intelligence to provide an ‘outside in’ perspective to AMP strategy development
Capabilities & Experience
- Ability to work within an environment that deals with complex and ambiguous problems with enthusiasm, tenacity and resilience
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills, including negotiation and influencing
- Proven high-level communication skills, both written and verbal, effectively communicating complex topics with clarity and structure in a compelling way
- Commercial acumen with demonstrated business case planning skills
- Collaborative team player, mentor to junior team members, and thought-partner to the Group Strategy leadership team
- Drive and achievement focus
- At minimum of 6 years experience in financial services and the formulation and design of strategy
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.