Provide high level professional support 2 directors at AMP by working in a highly organised and collaborative way across all teams in the Financial Advice division.
Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
About the role
This role reports to the Directors of both Channel Performance & Growth and Licensee Services & Operations.
You will be required to provide outstanding & comprehensive support and apply proactive & discretionary decision making in managing the Directors’ time effectively to assist them to deliver against their specific initiatives & strategies.
You will need to work collaboratively, cooperatively & flexibly within the EA community at AMP and manage the expectations & your relationship with numerous stakeholders.
- Actively manage the Directors’ complex diary of meetings, projects and travel arrangements including maximising use of technology such as video conferencing and Skype
- Ensure the Directors’ email are up to date and respond on their behalf if appropriate
- Prepare high quality professional documents including agendas, presentations, packs and action items
- Be part AMP’s leadership team and deal with sensitive & confidential issues & information in a professional manner
- Have an approachable & open communication style
Capabilities & Experience
- Experience supporting senior management within the Financial Services industry or another large, complex organisation
- 3 years’ experience as an EA or PA
- Advanced use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint & Outlook and intermediate use of Excel
- High attention to detail and strong verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to manage conflicting and changing priorities
- Strong stakeholder management
- Be able to work as part of a team, including assisting others when required, and being able to work autonomously
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.