Senior Legal Counsel - Financial Services
- Everyone’s contribution is valued
- We support our people, so they can make a real difference
- We value Diversity
Legal and Governance (L&G) forms part of the Group functions within AMP. The L&G team provides a comprehensive range of support services to all AMP business lines.
Financial Services (FS) Legal sits within L&G and is an integral support service to all Financial Services business units. Within FS Legal is Financial Products legal, which is primarily responsible for providing legal advice and expertise to the AMP core solutions business units and all associated support functions of the business including Superannuation, Retirement and Investment, Insurance, Customer Solutions, Operations as well as Superannuation Trustee Boards, Trustee Services team, and AMP Life Company Boards.
Purpose of the Role
You will join a highly experienced, motivated and diverse team where everyone’s contribution is valued and where your focus will be the provision of legal services to the AMP core business unit; Superannuation, Retirement and Investment, Insurance, Customer Solutions, Operations as well as Superannuation Trustee Boards, Trustee Services team, and AMP Life Company Boards.
More specially you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Providing commercially relevant legal advice to the business areas and the relevant licensee boards by assessing legal risk and providing options.
- Advising and communicating to the business on the impact of e new legislation and regulatory changes
- Participating in key business projects including identification and management of legal risks within projects.
- Assisting the business in the development of new strategies relating to the management of regulatory changes.
With your well-developed legal skills either in-house or large/medium law firms, what we also look for in you is:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications. - A current Practising Certificate
- Ideally at least 7 years post admission experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the financial services industry and the legal and regulatory regime
- Established ability in dealing with issues relating to the delivery of financial products; superannuation, investment products and insurance
- Knowledge of financial services laws as they apply to financial products and financial services licensees, in particular Chapter 7 of the Corporations Act, including recent regulatory and legislative changes
- Knowledge of the obligations of APRA regulated entities such as RSE licensees and the operation of the SIS Act and regulations
- Commercial and business acumen.
To be successful in this role you are an exceptional communicator where you “make the complex simple”, you are an excellent relationship manager, results focused, analytical problem solver and decision maker. Your adaptable and flexible priority and time management skills will see you fit into our collaborative and caring team environment where you will have the opportunity to develop your career and expand on your knowledge.
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contributions, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.
If you require further information or would like to obtain a Job Description, please contact Milica Radomir on 02 92575036