The Senior Manager ERM Group Functions will provide oversight and assist the business in developing, implementing and maintaining sound operational risk frameworks for the AMP Group Functions: Finance; People and Culture; Legal; and Public Affairs.
Working for AMP
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make the most of your life, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for those that have the courage and agility to navigate changing and complex environments so that we can deliver the best solutions for our customers. We value people with integrity, an innate willingness to help others and an eagerness to perform to the best of their abilities.
We’re transforming our business, and we need people like you to join us on this journey.
About the role
The Senior Manager ERM Group Functions will assist the business in the design and implementation of fit for purpose operational risk governance structures, policies and processes, as well as appropriate risk reports, covering all relevant risk categories (e.g. Insurance, Market, Strategic, Operational, Credit Risk, etc).
In addition to direct ERM support of the Group Functions, the Senior Manager ERM Group Functions may also be required to assist in the delivery of key group ERM strategic projects to improve AMP’s and ERM’s capacity and capability to manage risk.
Specifically, the Senior Manager ERM Group Functions will Be responsible for implementation of the AMP ERM framework across the AMP Group Functions
- Develop and maintain key relationships to influence risk strategy for the AMP Group Functions and its interaction to the business strategy
- Oversee, assist and monitor the effective operation of the ERM framework across the AMP Group Functions, including coverage of risks, identification of key controls, incident management, development and reporting on Key Risk Indicators, capture, quantification and reporting of operational risk losses and scenario analysis
- Ensure risks are actively identified and managed by business owners with support from subject matter experts
- Provide independent expert advice on operational risk and compliance policies, procedures and matters that impact the business and customers
- Provide insight on and oversight of new regulation and legislation as it applies to and impacts upon the AMP Group Functions
Capabilities & Experience
- 8+ years relevant experience and proven track record in a financial services risk management, compliance, internal / external audit or assurance role
- Strong understanding of the financial services industry, relevant regulators, and current and proposed financial services regulatory and legislative requirements in an insurance, superannuation, banking or asset management environment
- Experience coordinating and writing risk or audit reports and interacting with senior management and Board of Directors
- Management experience in a relevant operational role, or comprehensive knowledge of risk management frameworks, risk management and measurement methodologies, policies and practices
- Strong risk management technical skills across finance within wealth management, insurance, asset management and banking
Wellbeing & Benefits
As a company that values wellbeing, we offer a range of great benefits to support you financially, professionally and personally. These include access to a wide range of flexible working options including the ability to purchase extra leave, retail discounts, onsite wellbeing centre including a gym (Sydney Office), Employee Assistance Program, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & Diversity
AMP recognises individual differences and welcomes people from a variety of life and work experiences. The diversity of our people is core to our ability to innovate, grow and to fulfil our collective aspiration of helping people to own their tomorrow. A natural curiosity, a respect for differences and a growth mindset are valued at AMP.