- AMP values career development
- Circular Quay location next door to public transport
- We value Diversity
About the role
We have a great opportunity for an Actuary with good Quantitative and Qualitative mindset who is looking for an opportunity to also work on existing and new projects within the Financial Risk Management
The purpose of this role is to support the Deputy Chief Actuary, with delivery of high quality and timely ‘second line of assurance’ that supports business risk/reward optimisation and to support the Appointment Actuary’s statutory responsibilities in the life companies.
As an Actuary, Financial Risk Management you will provide supporting and compiling reports to boards, audit committees and governance groups.
More specifically your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Assist the Deputy Chief Actuary, Financial Risk Management in providing timely and relevant actuarial, risk management and strategic advice to relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate with the business and Finance to model the financial impact and outcomes of strategic scenarios
- Develop methodologies and strategies for monitoring performance and deliver insights to the business.
- Work with relevant shareholders in developing and implementing of organisational wide risk awareness and risk management culture
- Support reporting to GALCO, Audit Committee, Board and Investors as well as Risk Management Reports and Financial Control Reports.
With your FIAA/FIA qualifications, Mature product experience and excellent communications skills what we also look for in you is:
- Ideally at least 4 years post qualification experience in a broad range of roles
- Experience of Australian and/or NZ insurance financial services market, market structure, product, distribution, regulation and governance processes
- Knowledge of the actuarial aspects of the Life Insurance Act 1995, APRA Prudential Standards and all related regulations
- Understanding of the products and systems
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Prioritising and time management
Project management skills would be highly regarded
Our Business Unit
The reporting, business advice, capital management and risk management responsibilities of Group Actuarial are key to AMP Finance driving profitability, shareholder value and return on capital across AMP. Group Actuarial’s Financial Risk Management roles serve all AMP’s business lines with a particular focus on Insurance
Working for AMP means being part of a company that values diverse thinking, encourages collaboration and promotes innovation. It’s an environment that offers challenging and exciting work as well as opportunities for professional growth. We’re flexible enough to allow you to make
If you require further information, please contact Milica Radomir on 02 9257 5036