AMP Capital is a specialist investment manager with offices in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, Hong Kong, India, London, Chicago, New York, California, Ireland and the Middle East. We are a leading global real estate and infrastructure manager and the combination of our scale, breadth and capability provides access to superior investment opportunities for our clients.
AMP Capital Legal – a team of 19 based across Sydney, New Zealand, London and New York provides legal advice and transactional support to AMP Capital Investors. Due to the significant growth of our business we are now seeking to add a Senior Legal Counsel to the team. This role’s main purpose is to provide strategic and commercial legal advice on a broad range of actual and potential dispute related issues in the AMP Capital Commercial Real Estate business. This role will also support commercial real estate asset management.
- Degree qualified with 6-10 years’ post admission experience
- Sound knowledge of tribunal and court procedures and rules, mediation and arbitration laws throughout Australia
- Demonstrated experience relating to:
- Advising plaintiffs and defendants on commercial dispute resolution, mediation, arbitration and settlement processes
- Advising on court procedures and evidence taking
- Advising on professional risk, public liability and D&O Insurance policies and dealing with underwriters/insurers in respect of notifications and claims generally
- Advising on commercial property, construction and tenancy disputes
- Managing risk in a real estate business
- Full-time or minimum of 4 days per week
You will ideally be experienced in managing property, construction and lease disputes (experience in managing retail tenancy disputes preferable but not essential) with an interest in and ability when necessary to assist with some front-end commercial real estate asset, development and property management work. Experience in a funds management environment would also be looked upon favourably.