Due to growth AMP currently has an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Risk and Compliance to join our Wealth Solutions and Customer Division. The key purpose of this senior Line 1 risk role is to proactively work with the Superannuation, Retirements and Investments (SRI) business to improve the risk culture / awareness and the overall risk and control environment.
SRI combines both the Corporate Superannuation and Superannuation Investment Product businesses with over $110B of assets, 50+ products, 60,000 employers and 3 million customers. The key purpose of this role is to proactively work with the SRI business to improve the overall risk and control focus in a growth environment.
Key responsibilities of this role:
- Actively work with the business to improve risk culture / awareness and overall risk and control environment.
- Develop strong and trusted working relationships with business stakeholders.
- Actively manage and monitor events/incidents (includes - root cause analysis, action plan/rectification, preparing breach letters for regulators etc).
- Work with group compliance and Line 2 (ERM) teams to ensure that all relevant regulatory obligations (SIS Act, Corps Act etc) that SRI needs to comply with have been identified and that correct controls have been aligned to each obligation.
- Attend and participate in working/steering groups relating to regulatory changes impacting the business.
- Document (process map) and review key processes within SRI business.
- Risk Profiling
- Identify and assess key risks (operational, compliance, regulatory, strategic etc) within SRI
- Identify, assess and testing of controls (design and operating effectiveness) within SRI
- Identify control gaps / weaknesses and formulate action plans to address.
- Be a 1st line risk partner on strategic projects / initiatives. Help evaluate business cases for key projects / initiatives to ensure that all risks are identified and adequately discussed and addressed.
- 6 to 8 years Risk & Compliance experience (ideally 1st line) within the Wealth Management Industry (Superannuation)
- Strong understanding and experience in Superannuation Products (retail, corporate and wrap/platforms) and back office operations
- Extensive experience in Risk and Control identification and assessment (including process mapping, risk profiling, control testing etc).
- Strong experience in incident management (root cause analysis, action plan/rectification, preparing breach letters for regulators and following up outstanding actions).
- Experience and understanding of compliance obligations/requirements (SIS Act, Corps Act etc) and the identification of relevant controls to address obligations.
- Degree qualified in Commerce or Business, plus post tertiary qualifications, e.g. CA or CPA.
Working for AMP means working for a company that empowers its people to make a difference, while providing the support of a highly talented, experienced team. We understand that it is our customers that make us great. And because people achieve their best in different ways, our culture is flexible and supportive, to give you the freedom to focus on outcomes rather than just processes.
AMP is an organisation like few others. We enjoy a culture that recognises individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers.
Access a great range of benefits such as flexible working options, retail discounts, onsite gym, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & diversity
AMP welcomes people with all kinds of life and work experiences. Our individual differences - and collective strength - make for great employee, customer and business outcomes. What unique insights could you bring to the AMP team?