About the role
The Assistant Manager is responsible for working with the managers in the equity investments team to invest in financial planning practices for AMP as well as providing ongoing management and transactional support and monitoring of those practices.
- Analysis of investment opportunities;
- Preparation/ review of valuation models to assess potential investments;
- Assistance with assessment of risk and deal structure for proposed investments;
- Due diligence coordination;
- Preparation of due diligence reports and risk register;
- Providing instruction to external and internal advisers and liaising on the deal structure, risks, mitigates, impact on legal agreements;
- Preparation of board paper submissions in a timely and efficient manner to support AMP equity practice directors; and
- Supporting AMP equity practice directors with ad-hoc queries relating to outcomes of Board Meetings
- Preparation of reports,
Skills & experience
- At least three years’ experience in conducting and coordinating due diligence investigations in an M&A/ investment context.
- Solid working knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry and financial planning.
- Strong knowledge of accounting concepts and standards, financial analysis, valuation techniques and application of this knowledge to investment structures.
- High degree of demonstrated integrity and business ethics.
- Ability to build relationships outside functional unit.
- Degree qualified within a business related discipline
Working for AMP means working for a company that empowers its people to make a difference, while providing the support of a highly talented, experienced team. We understand that it is our customers that make us great. And because people achieve their best in different ways, our culture is flexible and supportive, to give you the freedom to focus on outcomes rather than just processes.
AMP is an organisation like few others. We enjoy a culture that recognises individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers.
Access a great range of benefits such as flexible working options, retail discounts, social club, onsite gym, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & diversity
AMP welcomes people with all kinds of life and work experiences. Our individual differences - and collective strength - make for great employee, customer and business outcomes. What unique insights could you bring to the AMP team?