Senior Analyst Model Development and Governance
- AMP values career development
- Amazing Circular Quay location
- We value Diversity
Purpose of the Role
Utilising your understanding of quantitative modelling and technical experience you will develop, improve, maintain and validate the suite of product stochastic financial models to support the ALM function.
You will also develop, improve and validate actuarial models with our Group Actuarial team as well as develop and maintain a version control database and documentation.
With your excellent analytical mindset, you will create efficiencies and synergies in solving common modelling issues and problems
Your main responsible will include but not limited to:
- Development, maintenance and review of critical actuarial models
- Development, maintenance and deployment of stochastic financial models (coded in C++, VBA, MATLAB) complex spreadsheets, simulation tools and data aggregation tools.
- Working with relevant stakeholders perform model validations to validate results and resolve inconsistencies.
- Maintain documentation library of internal and external vender models and activities performed to validate model results
- Collaborate with users and model managers to determine actions to resolve issues and risks
- Control and testing of stochastic financial models
What we look for in you
- Tertiary qualification in a quantitative discipline: i.e., engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics, actuarial studies, finance. Postgraduate studies are considered an advantage.
- University level mathematics is a requirement
- Ideally at least 5 years’ experience in C++
- Experience in Excel/VBA and SQL, SSIS
- Good understanding of Actuarial Valuation process needs and overall actuarial valuation system.
- Strong programming and financial modelling aptitude
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills including project management and knowledge of testing disciplines
- Stakeholder management including influencing and consulting skills
Understanding of and experience in profit and capital reporting for life insurers, structured products, guarantees and derivates, analysis or profit, capital and profit at risk movement would be well regarded
Working for AMP means working for a company that empowers its people to make a difference, while providing the support of a highly talented, experienced team. We understand that it is our customers that make us great. And because people achieve their best in different ways, our culture is flexible and supportive, to give you the freedom to focus on outcomes rather than just processes.
AMP is an organisation like few others. We enjoy a culture that recognises individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers.
If you require further information or would like to obtain more information, please contact Milica Radomir on 02 92575036