Working for AMP means working for a company that empowers its people to make a difference, while providing the support of a highly talented, experienced team. We understand that it is our customers that make us great. And because people achieve their best in different ways, our culture is flexible and supportive, to give you the freedom to focus on outcomes rather than just processes.
We've grown and changed over the decades, however for more than 160 years we've dedicated ourselves to one thing – our unwavering sense of purpose to help people own their tomorrow.
About the Role
The role is designed to check compliance and appropriateness of Financial Advice before it is provided to clients.
The role is in place to provide a consistently high quality advice validation and planner support service that ensures Statements of Advice (SOAs) and Financial Services Guides (FSG’s) are quality checked in accordance with legislative and licensee policy requirements.
About the Team
The Client Solutions & Advice Services team is accountable for how we develop and deliver quality, compliant, client-focused advice Solutions through advisers in the AMP network and associated Licensees in the Jigsaw network.
- Review and quality check Statements of Advice (SOA), marketing and other advice documents to ensure compliance, legislative and licensee standards are being met
- Provide feedback to Financial Planners and AMP Paraplanners to ensure that a compliant and appropriate advice document is available for the client
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of vetting processes by participating in team meetings, providing feedback on and discussing breaches of standards with the team during regular meetings
- Maintain and improve current knowledge of industry standards and practices by completing mandatory training and case studies as required
- Contribute to risk minimisation by identifying potential risks within the vetting processes and discuss possible solutions with the National Manager, Advisory Services & Quality Advice or delegated individuals.
Skills & experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within a financial planning organisation (preferably within a compliance or advice policy role) or within a financial planning practice (preferably as a compliance manager, practice manager or Paraplanner role)
- Sound knowledge and capacity to apply compliance and legislative requirements and identify risks within the advice documents reviewed
- Good knowledge of the principles of quality advice provision, regulatory and compliance obligation and risk management
- Sound knowledge and understanding of ASIC Regulatory Guides, Corporations Act and other relevant legislation.
- Diploma in Financial Services – DFS (mandatory)
- Advanced Diploma in Financial Services - ADFS (mandatory)
- Formal SMSF course training (preferred)
- Formal Margin Lending accreditation (preferred)
- Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage broking or equivalent (preferred)
We enjoy a culture that recognises individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers.
Access a great range of benefits such as flexible working options, retail discounts, onsite gym, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & diversity
AMP welcomes people with all kinds of life and work experiences. Our individual differences - and collective strength - make for great employee, customer and business outcomes. What unique insights could you bring to the AMP team?