About the role
This role is an exciting blend of Business Analysis, Project Management and Process Improvement working in a very exciting time for AMP. In this role, the Improvement Lead will support and deliver improvement to the quality and efficiency of AMP products, processes and systems. This will involve leading and supporting projects to deliver improvements to the design, monitoring and performance of services in Operations and other AMP areas.
- Lead an improvement initiative, through process or system or automated process design that aligns to the business need, operating plans and strategic objectives; having accountability for management and delivery of improvements using the appropriate methodology (eg. SDLC, Agile, Lean, DMAIC/DIMCA, DMO)
- Use varied questioning techniques and facilitation techniques to discover process and data and requirements from a group of users or stakeholders. (eg: interview, workshop, survey, walkthrough, etc…)
- Create a positive and constructive group environment, maintaining the group focus, and leading the improvement toward stated goals.
- Lead and enhance capabilities at AMP by contributing to continuous improvement activity and lifting skills by sharing knowledge and experience and also actively learning from industry best practice.
Skills & experience
Ideally, we are looking for candidates with:
- The ability to apply appropriate methodology, standards and practice to the improvement eg. (SDLC, Agile, Lean, DMAIC/DIMCA, DMO).
- Can identify, apply and demonstrate knowledge of selected analytical tools, methodologies and processes in carrying out analysis, design and re-engineering of process and systems.
- Ability to ensure that the improvement initiative can be defined, measured, verified, and tangible benefits quantified and intangible benefits identified
- Ability to effectively coach dedicated and BAU resources in improvement methodologies
- Familiarity with analysis, design, deployment and measurement techniques and process methodologies and standards (eg. Lean Six Sigma)
Candidates with the following experience will be highly regarded:
- Proven track record in execution of process improvement, process design, process monitoring projects
- Demonstrated experience in focusing on internal and external customers and stakeholders by making efforts to understand their needs.
- Familiarity with Project Management and SDLC/Agile processes and activities
- Familiarity with establishing business measures and use of quantitative data analysis techniques
- Intermediate to Advanced experience in using Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel and Powerpoint.
Working for AMP means working for a company that empowers its people to make a difference, while providing the support of a highly talented, experienced team. We understand that it is our customers that make us great. And because people achieve their best in different ways, our culture is flexible and supportive, to give you the freedom to focus on outcomes rather than just processes.
AMP is an organisation like few others. We enjoy a culture that recognises individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers.
Access a great range of benefits such as flexible working options, retail discounts, social club, onsite gym, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.