- AMP values career development
- We value diversity
- Use your talent and develop different skillsets
AMP Finance plays an important role in enabling AMP to adapt and thrive in a changing environment by being responsible for Protecting and creating shareholder value, partnering with business leaders to achieve strong business performance, ensuring that AMP is efficient and cost effective and protecting the assets of external customers.
About the role
This role provides end to end support of project accounting requirements, quality reporting and analysis, and insights on project expenses and is a key support function to the AMP Projects community. It provides hands-on support to projects covering all aspects of financial management of project costs.
This role ensures the financial information meets the needs of finance, particularly Investor Relations, Management Reporting, Actuarial, and Group Tax, and external auditors.
It also provides support to the AMP Portfolio Office Finance Manager, the Group Expense Manager, and the Head of Group Performance and Planning.
- Provide accounting support and assistance to APO Finance Manager and actively contribute to the Finance team
- Ownership of data and process integrity around all project journals, cost centre creation and closures, and budget management of in-flight projects
- Ownership of project capitalisation processes and amortisation management and forecasting
- Ownership of integrity of intangible assets and end to end support for the associated models
- Ensure finance processes support the accurate production of monthly expense reports in the general ledger
- Analyse and report monthly project expenses, drive on-going automation and procedural and business process improvements
- Provide Finance with relevant financial information and ensure management reporting, investor reporting, statutory reporting, tax, internal audit, and external audit requirements are met
Skills & Experience
- Ideally at least 3 years of accounting experience as a business, finance or cost analyst
- Experience in management reporting and planning
- Experience in producing reports, analysis and commentary for management
- Experience in process/project implementation preferred
- Advanced Excel, working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to build relationships and influence at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills with exceptional problem-solving ability
- Excellent time management, priority and attention to detail skills
- Ability to distil large amounts of data, views and opinions to extract relevant information to develop and clearly communicate conclusions
Your Oracle PeopleSoft 9.2, Smart View (Essbase) and Hyperion skills including SAP Business Intelligence (My BI 4) Business Objects would be well regarded
- Degree qualified
- CPA/CA (or equivalent) qualified
Working for AMP means working for a company that empowers its people to make a difference, while providing the support of a highly talented, experienced team. We understand that it is our customers that make us great. And because people achieve their best in different ways, our culture is flexible and supportive, to give you the freedom to focus on outcomes rather than just processes.
AMP is an organisation like few others. We enjoy a culture that recognises individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers.
Access a great range of benefits such as flexible working options, retail discounts, onsite gym, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice, and personal insurance.
Inclusion & diversity
AMP welcomes people with all kinds of life and work experiences. Our individual differences - and collective strength - make for great employee, customer, and business outcomes. What unique insights could you bring to the AMP team?