Enterprise Risk Management is accountable for AMPs ERM Framework, risk management capability and the provision of high quality advice, insight and support to our business partners.
This is a key role in helping to engender and drive an effective AML/CTF & Sanctions compliance throughout AMP Group
About the role
This role is within the team responsible for the oversight of AMP’s AML/CTF & Sanctions Program & Policy. It requires close liaison with key stakeholders, working closely with senior business representatives and acting as an effective “second line of defence” in managing ML/TF risks to the business.
This role is also responsible for AMP’s ongoing assessment of ML/TF risk and the control framework, with overall group-wide responsibility for the oversight of effective adherence to AML/CTF obligations for AMP globally.
- Working in a team with responsibility for oversight of all aspects of AML/CTF & Sanctions compliance obligations.
- Performing reviews of the AML/CTF Policy and submitting recommendations for change to the AML Compliance Officer.
- AML/CTF Part A & B Program stewardship including reviews and submitting recommendations for change to the AML Compliance Officer.
- Be a point of escalation for business queries on compliance with AML/CTF, Sanctions and FATCA obligations.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of any AUSTRAC regulatory compliance assessments.
- Coordinate and/or devise and conduct training sessions to increase AML/CTF & Sanctions awareness across the business.
Skills & experience
- A strong understanding of AML principles and guidelines
- Ideally at least 3 years experience in AML/CTF within a financial institution or regulator
- Proven relevant experience and proven track record in a AML/CTF and/or Sanctions role
- Knowledge of AML/CTF Act and Rules
- Established network of compliance professionals and compliance related associations
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with, influence and achieve the buy-in from stakeholders
- Strong report writing, presentation and verbal communication skills to inform or influence specific audiences
Working for AMP means working for a company that empowers its people to make a difference, while providing the support of a highly talented, experienced team. We understand that it is our customers that make us great. And because people achieve their best in different ways, our culture is flexible and supportive, to give you the freedom to focus on outcomes rather than just processes.
AMP is an organisation like few others. We enjoy a culture that recognises individuality yet encourages collaboration, giving real meaning to our work and making a difference to our people and our customers.
Access a great range of benefits such as flexible working options, retail discounts, onsite gym, competitive home loan rates, leading superannuation contribution, discounted financial advice and personal insurance.
Inclusion & diversity
AMP welcomes people with all kinds of life and work experiences. Our individual differences - and collective strength - make for great employee, customer and business outcomes. What unique insights could you bring to the AMP team?